Friday, May 14, 2010

What free stuff am I trying to get on Craigslist right now?

This is the first time I've ever posted anything personal on here, but I feel that it's in the vein of what's appropriate for this site. Thanks to a sweet facebook heads up from Nina, I am trying to get this chair for free. Why don't I just go pick it up? Well, the owner of this fine piece of furniture is making everyone who wants it write a little bit about how the "sheep throne" would improve their lives. I will share what I wrote about it because it is basically what I would have written about it on this blog.

While I enjoy just looking at this object on the internet, I do have a perfect place for it in my house. I need a reading chair in my bedroom, and this looks like an excellent chair to read in.

I wish I could say that this chair would help me get women or something like that. I am enfianced.

I wish I could say that it reflects my long years of work as a shepherd. Although I do sometimes volunteer at a farm that has a few sheep, I mostly deal with the goats, chickens and vegetables.

I wish I could say that I have always dreamed of this chair. I have never even thought of this chair as a possibility before.

What I can say is that if I had that chair, I would read in it every night, probably with a small glass of bourbon on the nightstand next to it. People would hear of my excellent chair, and some would be afforded a view of it. A few others would be allowed to sit in it; however, it is in truth, a throne, and it would mostly be used by myself and my fiancé to sit and read novels, non-fiction books about the obscurities of common objects or materials, poetry, and comic books. Throughout Santa Fe, people will be paraphrasing Vigo the Carpathian: On a lot full of barbecues, in a house of adobe, he sat on a throne of sheep.

2 comments: